Skip to main content

Living Newly Separated & Everything that goes with it

It has been almost 4 months now since my husband and I separated. A lot is different now. We sold our house, which was my dream home, and I am now living in a Condo for the first time in my life. It is weird to start over. Really weird. I bought my first home 6 years ago with my husband and that was about 1200 square feet with a basement, my last home was 2700 square feet with a walkout basement and now I am literally squished into about 600 square feet condo! It's actually quite funny to me and I have actually never been so organized in my entire life as everything needs a spot in here or this out of control-ness will continue on until I decide to move again. For now it is nice to have a place to call home again instead of mooching off of my parents. I worry a lot because I am nervous about how I will be able to support myself, what does my future hold etc etc. Life is too short though and I was so unhappy and so despite all the terrible and stressful events around me, I actually am a happier, outgoing and optimistic person. I am really very glad I have gotten to this point that I can look up again. It was because of that Michael J. Fox's novel entitled "Always Looking Up." It was truly amazing to me that this man wasn't miserable, unhappy or angry at what has been taken away from him. The truth of the matter is that the Parkinson's took enough and truly being miserable all the time would only make his life worse. This is what I have learnt for myself and it is funny that my friends and family have commented that I am handling this all very well and they are impressed and that I am ridiculously strong. It's nice to hear. I never even realized that they felt that way. However, I myself am proud of the way I am handling my life right now and it has given me a better sense of self and of course self esteem. I have learnt so much even just by living alone as I went from my parents home to my home with Carlo. I am glad to have a fresh start and despite all the disappointments and heartache I will be ok. I look forward to meeting my soul mate who is still yet to come and building a truly unbreakable relationship with him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Book you NEED to Read!!!!

Just finishing up my audiobook I bought from Hay House Now. Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin MD. One of the most important thing someone who suffers from RSD/CRPS symptoms need to believe RSD is curable. Simply believing that it is INCURABLE..... Will make it so!!!! Please reconsider your thoughts and READ this book or listen to it! I promise you it will change your life!!! Xoxo

Sad Update

Just yesterday I learned that two people with RSD/CRPS decided to end their own life. This illness is something that is very hard to handle and often leaves its victims feeling very, very alone and desperate. Please learn all you can about this illness and please share and make others aware to help people get the understanding and support needed. I myself am sitting in the waiting room of my Pain Management Centre waiting my turn to get my lidocaine infusion. I got absolutely no sleep at all:((

Back from Philadelphia

I went to Philadelphia last week to continue doing the prescreening for the Low Dose Ketamine Infusion that I am planning to do to help me achieve much lower pain, at the least, and remission at best. The highly coveted remission! Flying was hard as we had to be at the airport there and back soooo early and I cannot sit for long periods of time without making my pain so much worse. One of the Doctors at Drexel College of Medicine told me that he so far saw no reason that I wouldn't be able to do it. Thank god!!! I am hoping and praying I am able to do this as it is scary to think of the future without it. In my last post I said that nothing good had come of RSD. On retrospect, I realize that that is an extremely negative position to take as I have learnt valuable life lessons from my experience. I would not like to continue with this illness and I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I have and will continue to try to make Lemonade out of the lemons that I have gotten. Unfortunat