Skip to main content

4 Year Anniversary

Jan 2nd marked my 4 yr anniversary of acquiring RSD/CRPS. I truly have come so far physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally. This illness has tested me on all kinds of levels! My New Year's resolution is to place more time and effort on my blog. I cannot believe it has already been 6 mths since my last post.
Update: I moved in with my boyfriend and bought a new house. We started moving much too quickly and so we have scaled it back quite a bit.
I don't know why I didn't mention this last year, but Feb 2010 I was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy and luckily a mild case. It may prevent me from Ketamine. I don't know as of yet. On friday, I am seeing Dr. Bhatia to consult about Ketamine so that is exciting. This is the Dr doing it in Canada and so I guess if they won't treat me then OHIP will have to pay for treatment in the States.
I read about a product someone else w RSD/CRPS uses to control the pain and so I purchased it to see if it would help me. It is called the Fenix Trigger Point Board. I have had it only for a few days and am amazed at the difference of pain levels that I am experiencing!! I think it is truly a godsend!!! About 5 days ago I was crying in bed from pain and now I am able to function. Amazing! Comes w a money back guarantee so I definitely recommend it. Google "fenix trigger point" to purchase.
The Dr who created it had a Daughter w Fibromyalgia and also himself suffered from Chronic Pain. I accidentally missed my lidocaine infusion just before Christmas and so I was really suffering. I go every 3 weeks. This time it has already been 6 weeks and I do not have an appointment for another week!!!
I also find Neuragen works well. Stinks to high heavens, but helps. It is "homeopathic" liquid or gel you apply topically and I buy at Shoppers Drug Mart in the diabetes section. Smells awful, but worth a try for relief.
I also got a fabulous gift at Christmas. From the maker of Sunbeam, a heating pad specificallu for your neck that you kind of wear like a necklace. Amazing relief for my neck and shoulder pain.
That is it for now! Remember, please never hesitate to email me or to leave me a comment. We are in this together.
Happy New Year!
Natalie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amazing Book you NEED to Read!!!!

Just finishing up my audiobook I bought from Hay House Now. Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin MD. One of the most important thing someone who suffers from RSD/CRPS symptoms need to believe RSD is curable. Simply believing that it is INCURABLE..... Will make it so!!!! Please reconsider your thoughts and READ this book or listen to it! I promise you it will change your life!!! Xoxo

Sad Update

Just yesterday I learned that two people with RSD/CRPS decided to end their own life. This illness is something that is very hard to handle and often leaves its victims feeling very, very alone and desperate. Please learn all you can about this illness and please share and make others aware to help people get the understanding and support needed. I myself am sitting in the waiting room of my Pain Management Centre waiting my turn to get my lidocaine infusion. I got absolutely no sleep at all:((

Back from Philadelphia

I went to Philadelphia last week to continue doing the prescreening for the Low Dose Ketamine Infusion that I am planning to do to help me achieve much lower pain, at the least, and remission at best. The highly coveted remission! Flying was hard as we had to be at the airport there and back soooo early and I cannot sit for long periods of time without making my pain so much worse. One of the Doctors at Drexel College of Medicine told me that he so far saw no reason that I wouldn't be able to do it. Thank god!!! I am hoping and praying I am able to do this as it is scary to think of the future without it. In my last post I said that nothing good had come of RSD. On retrospect, I realize that that is an extremely negative position to take as I have learnt valuable life lessons from my experience. I would not like to continue with this illness and I would not wish this on my worst enemy. I have and will continue to try to make Lemonade out of the lemons that I have gotten. Unfortunat